We just got back from a week long family vacation in Mexico. In that time, we somehow managed to snap over 1,300 photos. Since we returned, I edited them down to less than 600. And from that batch, I’ve decided to pick my 47 absolute favorites to share with you (although there are MANY others I love as well!!!).
These photos represent so much of our time and help tell the story of our trip. To say we had a great time would be an understatement. We had our fair share of meltdowns, terrible flights, and kids missing their “normal food,” but those moments already feel like distant memories.
Those stressful times are so short lived relative the the memories we’ll have forever.
So without further ado, here is our trip in 47 pictures (chronologically).
1. Our new high flyer coming out strong on her first day in the pool
2. My wonderful parents (aka :: “Kiki & Gappy”) joined us for this trip!
3. Caroline, our little observer, checking everything out at one of the restaurants
4. A sweet moment between Abby and Gappy
5. Ice cream kisses from Abby
6. Pure joy
7. Kiki & Abby getting brave with the iguanas (aka :: “Iggy”)
8. Caroline’s crazy sunscreen filled hair (she came back just as pale as she left!)
9. Mackenzie taking it all in (and trying to find a peacock)
10. Our best attempt at a family photo (Abby’s face is too much)
11. Our brave girls getting up on stage for a dance competition (ages 3-12…Mac almost made the cut, haha)
12. Mid-dance competition, busting a move to “Shake it Off” (all the girls are obviously familiar…)
13. Abby won the competition (I think it was the fact that even when the music stopped, her legs were always shaking – she looked like she had to pee, it was hilarious) – she was extremely proud when she won 🙂
14. Post-dinner peacock feeding
15. Our pineapple loving sweetie pie
17. Our meltdown loving Mackenzie
18. Can’t leave home (or hotel room) without Mackenzie and Caroline’s loveys
19. I love every single thing about this picture…Kiki & Gappy and their floatie friends
20. Fun with Daddy in the pool
21. Family slide time (my favorite part is Mac’s “thumbs up” – look closely) 🙂
22. Action shot on the slide – we only went down this 1,000 times…
23. My hilarious daughter is at it again
24. Mommy and Daddy date night
25. Actress Abby putting on a show in Caroline’s floatie
26. Mackenzie cruising the streets of Sayulita
27. A sleeping baby on a travel day is the best kind of baby
29. More love
30. Scoping things out from our balcony
31. This is what the majority of our trip looked like – crazy kids in the pool
32. Our attempt at a picture of Mommy with the girls – they weren’t having it (and yes, my legs are really this white…even at the end of vacation)
33. Ice cream heaven
34. Mackenzie and her good friend, Iggy
35. Pool time with Daddy is just a little bit of fun 🙂 (though Caroline is still unsure)
36. Caroline and I spent about 99% of our time in the shallow end of the pool – we were buddies
37. We watched every single NBA game while were there – GO WARRIORS!
38. The view from our room
39. Our little movie star making everyone smile
40. Obligatory sunset shot 🙂
41. Prepping for a family photo on our last morning
42. Our very best attempt at a full family photo – at least the girls are looking!
43. The queen of chocolate milk at breakfast
44. Seriously. They go everywhere and even got their own coat rack.
45. Last morning on the beach – Abby didn’t want to leave
46. Building sand castles with Gappy
47. And last but not least…
We had such a blast!
And for those of you who have asked me, we stayed at Velas Vallarta in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. It’s super kid friendly, super fun, and the staff is super duper friendly. 🙂
That’s all for now!