As I predicted last month, Caroline officially started crawling at 7.5 months. She took off one day and hasn’t stopped since. She crawls with a purpose. She crawls proudly. And she crawls faster than any of us would like her to (mainly the girls because now she can officially swipe toys from them – I think it’s hilarious – them, not so much). It’s been such a great development for her because now she can really get in the action whenever she wants to. And while the girls may get annoyed with Caroline sometimes, most of the time they think it’s great…and hilarious…and pure entertainment.
Check it out ::
In other news, three new teeth have arrived (making a total of six) and she’s handled the process like a pro.
Thankfully, she still hasn’t become a biter (THANK YOU, CAROLINE!), so nursing is going very well. Every once in a while, Travis will top her off at night with some formula (mainly because he gets home after she’s in bed and he wants to see her/hold her/bond with her), but she’s still breastfeeding 95% of the time. I still find it to be the easiest, most convenient way to take care of her (plus, I know it’s great for her), so we’ll just stick with it until something changes.
Lastly, while I feel like I always say this about Caroline, she’s doing amazingly well. She’s such a wonderful addition to our family and we can’t imagine life without her. Plus, she loves her Mommy a LOT and it makes me feel really, really good. She’s such a breath of fresh air on the days I’m struggling to deal with Abigail and Mackenzie (and let’s be honest, it’s mainly Mackenzie who’s going through a unique phase right now). Caroline always has a smile on her face and now that she can crawl over to me, she looks for snuggles and love constantly. I’ll take it.
Ok, I’ll get to more details down below, but first let’s take a little walk down memory lane ::
Here she was at 1 day ::
Here she was at 1 month ::
Here she was at 2 months ::
Here she was at 3 months ::
Here she was at 4 months ::
Here she was at 5 months ::
Here she was at 6 months ::
Here she was at 7 months ::
And here she is at 8 months ::
at 8 months…
- she has 6 teeth (2 on the bottom, 4 on the top)
- she’s a crawling master
- she can officially rock a front ponytail (that is, when I have time to get her ready)
- she’s only waking up once a night to eat (most of the time – yay!) – and her hours are still 6pm – 7:30am – it’s a miracle
- unlike last month’s report, I’m now happy to say she LOVES to eat solids…corn, peas, Cheerios (haha), carrots, avocados, egg yolks, chicken, etc…
- she’s waving and attempting to “talk” much more
- she still lives most of her life in pajamas, but she hasn’t complained yet 🙂
- she’s tough – her sisters treat her like she’s as big as them, so she ends up getting tackled from time to time (and shockingly enough, it barely phases her)
Until next time!
Take a look at Abby at 8 Months :: The Panda Report :: Abigail is 8 Months
Take a look at Mac at 8 Months :: The Raffi Report :: Mac is 8 Months