Ever since writing about Mackenzie’s first day of school a couple months ago (and her lunchbox that saved the day), I’ve had quite a few inquiries about which brand it is. I figured I’d write a quick post on it and now is actually the perfect time because I just noticed that the company is having a sale for the next week (and they don’t put their lunchboxes on sale very often, so if you’re thinking of getting one at all, do it now!).
The brand is PlanetBox. They’re a small Bay Area company and in my opinion, they’re revolutionizing the way people pack, eat, and enjoy their lunches. I heard about them through a friend on Facebook who’s daughter was less than thrilled about her lunches until this lunchbox was introduced. Right around that time, Abby was getting ready to start school and I thought the PlanetBox lunchbox would be the perfect way to send her to school prepared and excited to eat lunch with her new friends. She helped me pick out the color of the carrier, the magnets for the lunchbox itself, and she was thrilled when it arrived. Shockingly enough (especially shocking to me because she rarely ate much lunch at home), she would come back from school with a nearly empty lunchbox every day. It’s the design of the PlanetBox. I’m convinced. There’s something about it that’s cool and fun.
Needless to say, once it was time for Mac to start school and pick out her PlanetBox, she was over the moon with excitement. And while she might not come home with a nearly empty PlanetBox every day (I’d actually call it “mostly untouched”), she loves this lunchbox more than her favorite toys. In fact, she plays with it every day as if it’s a toy. I’m certain that in no time (once her molars are done pushing their way into her mouth), she too will come home with empty lunchboxes. Until then, I’m just happy it acts as her security blanket at school. For Mac, it truly is a magic lunchbox.
Long story short, we LOVE these lunchboxes. I would highly recommend giving them a try if you’re in the market for a lunchbox and/or if you’re looking to upgrade (I’m even talking about adults – if you pack a lunch, this is an awesome way to do it).
And hey, apart from it being magical and saving the day for Mackenzie, here are some of the reasons why we love PlanetBox lunchboxes ::
- Easy to clean :: As a Mom with 3 kids, time is not on my side. This is the easiest lunchbox to clean. It’s dishwasher safe and if the carrier it comes in gets messy, you simply wash it with some soapy water and let it dry. I love that I can just throw it in the dishwasher with everything else and it comes out sparkling.
- Easy to pack :: We have the Rover for both girls. I love that I have a certain number of sections to fill in every morning and I’m not expected to fill baggie after baggie full of food items that they probably won’t even touch.
- FUN to pack :: This is a BIG one for me. These lunchboxes make it fun for the girls to help me pack lunches. And heck, even if they don’t want to help me, I think it’s fun to fill each section with something delicious. I’m pretty sure Travis even enjoys making lunches when he takes a turn.
- Great for travel (or play dates or park dates) :: They are extremely portable. When we go on long drives or if I know we’ll be away from the house at lunch time, I simply pack up their PlanetBox’s and we’re prepared to eat on the go (as opposed to what I used to do – throw a bunch of random baggies full of food in my diaper bag and hope it’s enough to satisfy them until we get home). 🙂
- Fun for the girls :: As I’ve said again and again, the girls LOVE their PlanetBox lunchboxes. They allow you to select fun magnets to spruce up the stainless steel boxes and their carriers come in fun colors – gosh, I remember when my lunches were in brown paper bags – these take lunches to a whole new level of cool.
- It will last a LONG time :: I firmly believe these lunchboxes will be the ones the girls for MANY years. We might change out the magnets from time to time (because I’m not sure how long Abby will love unicorns), but I don’t see them falling apart anytime soon.
- Eco friendly :: No. More. Plastic. Baggies. No. More. Paper. Lunches. These PlanetBox lunchboxes are environmentally friendly. When you pack a lunch every single day, being mindful of these things is important. I feel like we’re doing something positive when we send these types of lunchboxes to school with our kids.
- Cute “treat” section :: This may seem silly or insignificant, but I absolutely LOVE their “treat” segment of the lunchbox. It’s tiny (which is perfect for kids and/or anyone who loves sweets but shouldn’t have too much). It fits approximately 8 chocolate chips or 5 “gooey bunnies” (which is what I always put in the girl’s lunches). It’s such a sweet (pun intended) touch. 🙂
Fair warning :: these are not the least expensive lunchboxes in the world, but I really feel like they’re worth every penny. Not only are they incredibly durable, but they make the lunchtime experience more enjoyable (and no, this is not a sponsored post at all – I actually reached out to PlanetBox a long time ago to see if they’d work with me, but they’re too busy…that shows you how much I love these things). 🙂
Last but not least, don’t forget that they’re having a sale right now. Take 15% Launch Complete Sets from now until January 15th, 2015 – type discount code LAUNCH2015 on the last page of your checkout!
Until next time!