Reflections on our 1st Week with 2 Kids

As I sit down to reflect on the past week, I can’t help but feel like it’s been a couple months (in a good way).  We’re already feeling extremely settled into our new life.

Maybe it’s because our expectations were set accurately (low).  Or maybe it’s because Mac seems so easy (it’s all relative and compared to Abby, taking care of a newborn feels like a breeze…so far).  Or maybe it’s because Abigail is so proud and excited to be a big sister.

reading to her sister in the swing

Whatever it is, we couldn’t be happier.

Yes, we’re lacking in the sleep department (especially after last night when both little ladies were up multiple times).

Yes, my nipples feel like someone’s stabbing them with knifes every time Mac latches on (mainly on the right side…TMI for some, but I’m not afraid to be honest on here…it’s a mommy blog, after all).  I’m currently trying to retrain her on her latch over there…talk about OUCH!!!

Yes, I’ve had my moments of baby blues where I just start crying over the silliest things (like when I went to cut into my egg this morning and it flew off the plate…it was traumatizing for no apparent reason).

And yes, I’m a little nervous about Travis going back to work next week full time (I had my first solo trial run this morning and I think all three of us ladies passed with flying colors).

But these are not complaints.  They’re realities. And they’re all a part of having a newborn. And we’re madly in love with our newborn.  I mean, how could we not be???

Anyway, I’m just here to say that all is well and things are going better than we could have imagined. Thank you all for your kind words…we appreciate them so much!

Have a happy weekend,

7x7xMommy

You may also like...

10 Responses

• 7x7xMommy says:

Thanks for the recommendations, Megan! Fingers crossed something helps! I know it’ll get better though…I had the same thing happen with Abby! 🙂

1. chris says:

Hahahaha!
    Dang, I missed the flying egg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! With all the eggs I witnessed you prepare and eat, not one was a flying egg 🙁
    You all are doing marvelously!
    Love

2. sarah says:

great post! you should definitely be honest on a mommy blog! it’s great for other mommies to relate and commiserate and make us all feel like we aren’t the only ones. i had mastitis with eddie and actually had to go on antibiotics… so painful!
    random crying is totally normal, too! lots of random and not so random crying after my second was born!
    i am also hoping you might be able to make it to the JLL holiday party… we had so much fun last year!
    maybe we can meet up or visit some time next week.

• 7x7xMommy says:

Thanks for the positive feedback, Sarah! I can’t even imagine how painful mastitis is…fingers crossed scabs and open wounds are the worst things I have to deal with! We’re definitely going to try and make it to the party…we just need to round up a babysitter! And we’d LOVE a visit…let’s get something planned!

3. Jessi says:

Congrats on the new little one! She’s beautiful. I had no idea you were expecting, shows how long I have neglected blogging. Glad everything is going well!

4. Allison says:

hi aly! i’m allison, malinda’s friend from carter’s – we met briefly. malinda told me about your blog. congrats to you on little mac – she is precious! looks like you’ve got a full house full of love & little ones. congrats!

• 7x7xMommy says:

Hi Allison! Of course I remember meeting you – thanks for swinging by my blog! 🙂 And thanks, we’re so in love with Mac and Abby’s such an amazing big sister already!

%d bloggers like this: