Time for a quick update!
I had my 38+ week appointment this morning and here’s what I learned from my doctor ::
- I keep gaining more and more weight (doc says it’s water weight that I appear to be retaining, but it just looks like a lot of extra weight to me…I’ve already gained 6-8 more pounds than I did with Abby…crazy!)
- I am 25% effaced (and even though this is my second pregnancy, I’m still not 100% sure what the heck that means)
- I am officially 3cm dilated (after being 2cm dilated for two weeks…the crazy part is that I went to the hospital at 3cm last time around)
- Mac is measuring right on at 38-39 weeks
- My doctor thinks Mac is going to weigh somewhere between 7 and 7 1/2 lbs (last time she guessed Abby would be 6 1/2 lbs and she came out at 7 lbs even…we’ll see how accurate she is this time)
- She also thinks it could happen any day now but that she could very well see me next week (which I highly doubt…she also said something similar last time around and I went into labor the next day…goes to show it’s all a guessing game!)
Here’s what I think ::
- I’m 100% ready for Mac to come out
- I’m feeling like she’s going to wait until the minute my Mom heads to the airport to go into labor (so I’m going to talk my Mom into staying a few extra days)
- I want to go into labor now…or 5 minutes ago, but now would be fine too
- I feel like a swollen blimp
On an extremely positive note, the appointment went very well and Mac is happily hanging out with a strong heartbeat and I’ve had zero complications. I cannot complain at all, but I can say I’m ready. Sooooooo ready. You hear me, Mac!?! Mommy’s ready!