I’m going to keep this post light on the words and heavy on the photos because I’m pretty sure you’re all more interested in the visuals than in my explanations.
Before I share the photos, let me just say a few things about our babymoon in Mexico ::
- being kid-less for 10 days was absolutely amazing but there wasn’t a moment that went by that we weren’t thinking about Abigail – we Skyped with her when we could and when we received photo updates from Kiki & Gappy, we stopped everything to flip through them (haha…and who am I kidding? we weren’t doing anything that needed to be stopped)
- the weather in Mexico is perfect for me – hot, hot, hot and sticky with afternoon thunderstorms…I was in heaven
- staying at an all-inclusive is amazing for a pregnant woman on the food front (we literally ate enough for 5 people at every meal) but miserable for a pregnant woman on the booze front (watching Travis suck down cocktail after cocktail while I sipped on far too many mock-tails wasn’t exactly super duper awesome…it was fine and all, but it wasn’t awesome! Being honest!)
- the Four Seasons in Punta Mita is RIDICULOUSLY nice…note to self – GO BACK!
- being pregnant in a place where I’d rather be zip-lining than sitting around a pool is also somewhat brutal for a pregnant woman…but I definitely can’t complain about sitting around a pool all day
- in the end, there’s no place like home, but vacation is pretty awesome
- oh, and I’m the luckiest woman in the world. for many, many, many reasons.
And with that, I’m done talking (maybe I’ll explain a few photos)…enjoy some photos from our Babymoon!