I’m sure you’ve all been worried sick about the status of Abigail’s Panda Costume since you haven’t heard about it in nearly a month, but rest assured…we’re making significant progress on this masterpiece (including a gold satin lined head piece that looks more like an astronaut’s helmet than a panda head…).
Did I have any clue whatsoever how much time went into sewing something this intricate (not to mention ridiculous)? Heck no! And honestly, I’m glad I didn’t know because if I did, I’m pretty sure I never would have followed my dreams of sewing Abigail her very first Halloween costume. Now that I know the end is near, I can take a deep breath and remind myself that I will take a looooooooong break from sewing Pandas (and quite possibly from sewing in general) once this little sucker is done.
With that said, please enjoy some of the photos of the latest part of the process: The Assembly (which has been a LONG, three day, seam ripping, nearly crying, ridiculously funny process). All I can say is that I hope my next post will be called “The Final Product.”
Oh, and if she wears it for longer than 3 minutes without totally freaking out on Halloween, I’ll consider this project a success!