How is it possible that 5 months have already gone by? (gosh, and fast forward 17.5 years and I’ll be saying “How is it possible that my little baby girl is going to college?” What a scary thought…)
And no matter how many times friends, family and strangers alike will say “they grow SO fast,” you never really understand until your baby grows right in front of your eyes. There are some mornings where Travis and I wake up, look at each other and ask in shock and awe, “did she grow overnight again?”
And while 5 months have flown by, it’s truly amazing how much Abigail has changed and how much she’s “accomplished” in such a relatively short amount of time.
- She’s extremely expressive (the cheeks definitely help with that)
- She has a social smile (which we LOVE because she meets new people all the time)
- She laughs up a storm (especially for Daddy)
- She prefers spending time on her tummy (as she’s always flipping herself over when I set her down on her back)
- She successfully survived her first cold (and is back to sleeping through the night…thank goodness!)
- She’s traveled to Washington DC, Atlanta (twice), Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, and Napa
- She’s losing her hair by the day (and as of a month or so ago, Mommy is as well…booo!!! I thought I avoided that downside to new-Mommyhood)
- She still screams at the top of her lungs when she’s upset (what can I say, she knows what she wants)
- She attended her first basketball game this week (Mommy’s still a little rusty and extremely sore)
And most importantly, she makes us so happy and so proud to be her parents.
Here are a few pictures from her 5 Month photo shoot.
And here are a few short videos…enjoy! (try not to be too terribly jealous of my amazing socks…or my amazing video skills…ha)